- 1- 1½ pounds boneless chicken, cut into 2-inch pieces/cubes
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp Kontos Pressed Yogurt
- 5 tsp ground Kashmiri chili*
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground garam masala*
- 1/2 tsp mace ground (javitri)*
- 1/2 tsp ground (dry roasted) methi leaves (fenugreek) *
- 1/8 tsp ground turmeric (or a pinch)
- 1/8 tsp salt (or a pinch)
- 3-4 tbsp canola oil
- 2-3 tbsp ghee * (warm/melted) for basting
- Wash and pat dry the boneless chicken before cutting into 2-inch pieces/cubes.2. For the 1st Marinade: combine the ingredients and stir well, add the chicken pieces, then setaside for 30-minutes.3. For the 2nd Marinade: combine ingredients into a bowl.4. Strain the chicken pieces that were sitting in the 1st Marinade, but do not add any of thewater/liquid released from the chicken.5. Add chicken pieces to the bowl containing the 2nd Marinade and stir well, to coat all thechicken pieces well.6. Set the bowl in the refrigerator for three-to-four-hours, for the chicken pieces to becomemarinated.7. Take out the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator, and allow to come to roomtemperature for about one-half-hour before skewering.
- Skewer 4 pieces of marinated chicken on each metal skewer.2. Preheat the oven to 425°F.3. Lay the skewers on a baking sheet, that has been lined with foil.4. Place the baking sheet on the top rack of the oven and broil for about 10-minutes at 425°F.5. After the 10-minutes have passed, turn the skewers.6. Broil for additional 10-minutes.7. Remove baking sheet and baste with melted ghee.8. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F, and return the baking sheet to the top rack of the ovenand roast for 7-to-8-minutes.9. Remove the baking sheet, flip the skewered chicken, and baste with the melted ghee.10. Return the baking sheet to the oven again and roast for another 6-7 minutes at 375°F.11. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, when you see the edges of the chicken are lightlycharred.
- Garnish with: lemon wedges and sliced red onion.2. Serve with some onion chutney and warm Kontos Rustics Naan.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!