- 4 Kontos® Pocket Pita tops sliced off
- 2 Dark brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 large uncooked shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 ear Corn husked
- 1 small ripe avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 small Red Onion, sliced
- 1 cup Baby Arugula
- dozen sprigs Cilantro
- Mix brown sugar, lemon juice, oil, lemon peel, cayenne pepper, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let marinate 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally, until charred in spots, about 8 minutes. Slice kernels from cob and set aside.
- Grill shrimp skewers over medium-high heat until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Slide shrimp off skewers and set aside.
- Stuff pita pockets with tomato, avocado, and red onion slices and arugula. Add 3 shrimp to each pita pocket. Spoon in corn kernels. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Serves: 2
- Note: Threading the shrimp onto skewers makes turning them on the grill easy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!