|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Add enough flour to mix to heavy batter. Add salt, oil and all but 2 teaspoons of beaten eggs. Add enough flour to make a firm dough. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Cut dough in half, and each half into thirds. Make 3 long ropes and braid.
- Let dough rise for 45 minutes. Use remaining 2 teaspoons of egg to brush on dough.
- To decorate your bread, you can turn your braided rope into a ring and gently press five colored eggs (pastel, or red, if you want to go “Greek”!) into your braid.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.