Bourekakia Me Kreas (Meat Roll-ups)
Lamb Meat Roll-ups made with Kontos Fillo Original Recipe from Chef Demetrios
- 2 small onions
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb. Kontos Fillo dough
- 1/2 lb. butter, melted
- In a large skillet, sauté the onion in the butter, until transparent. Add the garlic and the ground lamb, and sauté until the ground meat is dark brown. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomato paste, and mix in water.
- Store well and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat and cook for 20-minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Cut the thawed Fillo dough into 4x6 inch rectangles. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a cookie sheet with some melted butter.
- Brush one Fillo rectangle at a time with melted butter and place one heaping teaspoon of the meat/tomato mixture on the narrow side. Fold the bottom over the filling, fold the two sides in and roll like a mini jelly roll.
- Place on the buttered cookie sheet, when finished, place in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Tzatziki or other dipping sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|