Brie and Blueberry Filled Fillo Cups
An ideal hors d'oeuvre to serve party guests any time of the year.
- 2 muffin tins (if making homemade Fillo cups)
- Kontos Fillo cups (or homemade)
- wedge Brie
- Blueberry Preserves
- Lemon Zest
Homemade Fillo Cups
- Kontos Fillo; Nos. 4, 5 or 7 recommended
- spray oil
- Brie should be cold when slicing it.
- Cut the Brie into small squres, about half inch to three-quater inch squres.
- Place a piece of Brie in the bottom of the Fillo cup.
- Top with about 1 1/2 tsp. blueberry preserves to each cup.
- Place the filled cups on a cookie sheet in a 375 degree, preheated oven.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Serve warm.
Homemade Fillo Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place muffin tin, upside down on work surface.
- Take one sheet of Fillo dough and place on your other work surface.
- Very lightly, spray the Fillo dough.
- Place a second sheet of Fillo dough on the one in your work area, lightly spray.
- Place a third sheet of Fillo dough on the second one, but do not spray!
- Place the Fillo sheets over one of the muffin tins. Then take the second muffin tin and place it over the top oiled Fillo Sheets, lightly pressing down.
- Place the muffin tray stack in the center of your oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove muffin tray stack from the oven and let cool.
- When cool, lift muffin tray stack from the rack.
- Individual Fillo Cups can be kept in an air-tight container for up to the month at room temperature.
Handling and Working with Kontos Fillo Dough: Fillo (also called Phyllo) Dough are usually found in the supermarket or specialty food stores, in the frozen food section. Before using, there are several steps that one must follow:
- The night before using, move the unopened package from the freezer to the refrigerator.
- The next day, remove from refrigerator (unopened) to your counter.
- Do not open package for about two hours.
- Open the package and unfold.
- Work with one sheet at time.
- Keep the balance of the dough, covered with a dry-damp towel.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|