Company to Feature Special Seafood Recipes Using Kataifi Fillo Dough
Paterson, N.J. – Aug. 13, 2013 – Kontos Foods, Inc. (www.kontos.com), a manufacturer and distributor of traditional Greek and Mediterranean foods, today announced that for the first time it will be exhibiting at the Asian Seafood Expo in Wanchai, Hong Kong, this Sept. 3 through 5. The company will be showcasing how its fillo and kataifi doughs can be used in popular Asian-style recipes, such as wrapped and coated shrimp and scallops and salmon turnovers. Kontos will also introduce its cocktail flatbreads and provide baklava products to Expo attendees.
“The Asian Seafood Expo, the largest show of its kind in the Asia Pacific rim, is a great opportunity for Kontos Foods to introduce how our fillo dough products and flatbreads are an excellent ingredient in many popular Asian dishes,” said Steve Kontos, vice president of Kontos Foods. “The crunchy golden strands of our Kataifi fillo dough, in particular, will be a featured item in our sample recipes.”
At the show, Kontos will be exhibiting the following products:
• Kataifi Dough – Finely spun strands of Fillo that add a crunchy flair to Asian dishes, particularly shrimp, scallops and fish.
• Fillo Dough – Very thin dough, traditionally used to make Greek and Mediterranean appetizers and desserts such as Spanakopita and Baklava, can be used to wrap all types of fresh fish from salmon to swordfish, to make mouth-watering turnovers.
• Cocktail Flatbread – App. two inches in diameter, these special flatbreads are the perfect substitute for crackers in almost any appetizer. Top them with fresh seafood salad to make the perfect party treat.
• Greek Lifestyle Flatbread – A hand-stretched flatbread with more protein, less carbohydrates, sugar and calories than other flatbreads; ideal for sandwiches as well as appetizers.
• Kontos Baklava – A delicious Mediterranean dessert tradition: chopped walnuts and almonds layered between flaky Fillo dough sheets, baked, then soaked in a sweet honey syrup.
“Consumers everywhere have become more receptive to learning about how new foods and food ingredients can make their meals more interesting. Kontos Foods is excited to be bringing the best of Mediterranean cuisine to a new set of consumers, retailers and restaurants at the Asian Seafood Expo,” said Warren Stoll, Kontos Foods’ marketing director.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, NJ-based provider of traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 200 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos together with his son Steven, together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. To learn more, visit www.kontos.com, or call (973) 278-2800.
Kontos Foods Inc.
(973) 278-2800, ext. 326