Visitors to Kontos’ booth will see a wide assortment of halal and kosher flatbreads, including Nan, Panini, Whole Wheat Pita, Lavash and Gyro breads – as well as Fillo dough, Crepes and pastries
Paterson, N.J. – Feb. 4, 2015 – Kontos Foods, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of traditional Greek and Mediterranean foods, today announced that for the first time it will be exhibiting at the Gulfood 2015 show, the world’s largest annual food and hospitality tradeshow, to be held Feb. 8-12 at the Dubai World Trade Centre in Dubai, U.A.E. Kontos will showcase its wide assortment of halal- and kosher-certified flatbreads, including Nan, Panini, Whole Wheat Pita, Lavash, Gyro breads and Pizza Parlor Crusts. Kontos will also be exhibiting its Fillo Dough, French-Style Crepes, and sweet Fillo pastries.
“Consumers in the Persian Gulf area, India and other countries in the region are very receptive to authentic, ready-made breads that are simple to warm and serve with local dishes. We are expecting particular interest in our flavored breads, such as the Massala Nan, Hummus Flatbread, and the Kalamata Olive Flatbread,” said Steve Kontos, vice president and owner of Kontos Foods. “It’s exciting to be sharing our traditional breads, which are hand-stretched for fluffiness, with a region of the world known for its delicious and varied cuisine.”
Kontos will be exhibiting in the USA Pavilion, Hall TCA, Booth #S-A7. Products include:
• Massala Nan – A blend of fresh chopped hot chili and onions with oriental spices create this wonderfully flavorful oval flatbread; flavor is enhanced by heating.
• Grilled Panini Bread – This oval bread is ‘pre-grilled’ for convenience; requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for Panini sandwiches and bruschetta.
• Lavash – The perfect ‘roll-up’ flatbread! This soft and pliable 9 by 11-inch rectangular flatbread rolls in both directions. Because it is yeast based, it will absorb moisture and not fall apart. May also be used to make ‘pinwheels’ for appetizers.
• Gyro Bread – This bread is ‘pre-oiled’ for easier handling and requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for traditional souvlaki/kabobs and gyros.
• Fillo Dough – Very thin dough, traditionally used to make Burma and Balorieh, the Middle Eastern dessert comparable to Greek baklava.
• Cocktail Flatbread – Two inches in diameter, these special flatbreads are the perfect substitute for crackers in almost any appetizer. Top them with favorite meats, fish or vegetables.
• Greek Lifestyle Flatbread – A hand-stretched flatbread with more protein, fewer carbohydrates, sugar and calories than other flatbreads; ideal for sandwiches and appetizers.
• Tandoori Nan – Modeled after the classic nan baked by hanging the dough ball onto the walls of earthen tandoor ovens, this nan is a versatile oval flatbread.
• Pizza Parlor Crust – Tastes like pizzeria crust at its best and has Olive Oil baked right into the crust. Add sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings for an individual pizza within 5 minutes.
• 9 and 11-Inch Traditional and Savory Crepes – These crepes have a delicate, contemporary flavor and texture to complement a variety of fillings; they also make a delicious low-cal substitute for a traditional wrap.
In the past two years, Kontos Foods has attended several international trade shows, in Hong Kong, China, Europe and Canada. The company is also actively working to grow sales in the Caribbean. This is the company’s first show in the Middle East.
“Gulfood is a great show that’s very competitive to join, so we’re thrilled to be going this year for the first time. With an extensive Middle Eastern and Indian clientele in the US and around the world, Kontos Foods knows this marketplace well and we’re looking forward to showing our products to retailers, restaurants and other foodservice attendees at the Dubai World Trade Center,” said Warren Stoll, marketing and business development director for Kontos Foods.
Find Kontos Foods on Twitter @KontosFoods, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Kontosfoods and on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/kontosfoods/. Kontos sells its products to retailers and foodservice establishments across North America and around the world.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 225 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos with his son Steven, together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Visit www.kontos.com or call (973) 278-2800.
Kontos Foods Inc.
(973) 278-2800, ext. 326