A wide assortment of flatbreads, including Tandoori Naan, Panini, Whole Wheat Pita, Gyro breads, and ethnic sweets including Assorted Baklava will be on display
Paterson, N.J. – Feb. 16, 2017 – Kontos Foods, Inc., a manufacturer and distributor of traditional Greek and Mediterranean foods, today announced that it will be exhibiting at the Gulfood 2017 show, the world’s largest annual food and hospitality tradeshow in the Middle East, to be held Feb. 26 through March 2 at the Dubai World Trade Centre in Dubai, U.A.E. This is the third time Kontos will exhibit its products at the Dubai-based tradeshow, which is in its 22nd year. Kontos will showcase an extensive range of of halal- and kosher-certified flatbreads, as well as Fillo Dough and sweet Middle Eastern-style Fillo pastries.
The Kontos Foods booth will have on display over 50 varieties of Flatbreads, including Tandoori-style, Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Greek Lifestyle Flatbread®, Gyro breads, grilled Panini breads, All-Natural, French-Style Crepes, and other ethnic flatbreads.
The company will also be showcasing Kontos Fillo dough of varying thicknesses, as well as Kataifi dough – finely spun strands of dough that add golden crunch to seafood and dessert dishes. Several Kontos products will also be available for sampling, including Kontos Foods’ ready-made Baklava and Nut Roll pastries.
Gulfood 2017 is expected to attract more than 5,000 exhibitors from 120 countries. “Kontos is firmly entrenched with Middle Eastern and Indian markets in the US and around the world, so we’re pleased to present our latest products to retailers, restaurants and other foodservice attendees. Gulfood 2017 is a huge venue, and a great way for us to reach new consumers and expand our existing relationships in the region,” said Steve Kontos, vice president and owner of Kontos Foods.
Kontos will be exhibiting in the USA Pavilion, Hall TCA, Booth #S3-B47. Products include:
• Massala Nan – A blend of fresh chopped hot chili and onions with oriental spices create this wonderfully flavorful oval flatbread; flavor is enhanced by heating.
• Grilled Panini Bread – This oval bread is ‘pre-grilled’ for convenience; requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for Panini sandwiches and bruschetta.
• Lavash – The perfect ‘roll-up’ flatbread! This soft and pliable 9 by 11-inch rectangular flatbread rolls in both directions. Because it is yeast based, it will absorb moisture and not fall apart. May also be used to make ‘pinwheels’ for appetizers.
• Gyro Bread – This bread is ‘pre-oiled’ for easier handling and requires a minimal amount of heating to become extremely flexible. Ideal for traditional souvlaki/kabobs and gyros.
• Fillo Dough – Very thin dough, traditionally used to make Burma and Balorieh, the Middle Eastern dessert comparable to Greek baklava.
• Cocktail Flatbread – Two inches in diameter, these special flatbreads are the perfect substitute for crackers in almost any appetizer. Top them with favorite meats, fish or vegetables.
• Greek Lifestyle Flatbread – A hand-stretched flatbread with more protein, fewer carbohydrates, sugar and calories than other flatbreads; ideal for sandwiches and appetizers.
• Pizza Parlor Crust – Tastes like pizzeria crust at its best and has Olive Oil baked right into the crust. Add sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings for an individual pizza within 5 minutes.
• 9 and 11-Inch Traditional and Savory Crepes – These crepes have a delicate, contemporary flavor and texture to complement a variety of fillings; they also make a delicious low-cal substitute for a traditional wrap.
Kontos Foods has a rapidly growing international presence. Over the past three years, it’s attended several international trade shows, in Hong Kong, China, Japan, Europe, and Canada. The company is also actively working to grow sales in Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Bermuda, and other parts of the Caribbean.
“Our Middle East and East Asian-based customers value authentic, ready-made breads that can be warmed quickly to complement local dishes,” said Warren Stoll, marketing director for Kontos Foods. “Our traditional breads are hand-stretched for fluffiness; we take care in creating our flatbreads because we know our customers appreciate it.”
Find Kontos Foods on Twitter @KontosFoods, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Kontosfoods and on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/kontosfoods/. Kontos sells its products to retailers and foodservice establishments across North America and around the world.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 225 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos with his son Steven, together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Visit www.kontos.com or call (973) 278-2800.
(855) 677-5263, ext. 109
Kontos Foods Inc.
(973) 278-2800, ext. 326