- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 4 Kontos® Tandoori Nan or Kontos® Massala Nan
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 slices fresh ginger root, about 1/8 inch thick
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ⅓ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chopped cilantro
- Cooked rice (preferably Basmati) for serving
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread cashews on baking sheet and toast in oven until golden, about 3 minutes. Set aside. Wrap Kontos® Nan breads in foil packet, and place in oven to warm.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat, until foam subsides. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken pieces and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onion, garlic, and ginger to skillet. Cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 6 minutes, stirring often. Add tomato paste, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne (if using), stirring until blended and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits. Stir in coconut milk. Return chicken to skillet and bring curry to a low boil. Immediately reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Stir in frozen peas and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, until peas are heated through.
- Garnish with toasted cashews and cilantro and serve with warm Kontos® Nan breads and rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!