This Easter, try luring the kids away from their chocolate bunnies with a delicious breakfast of Petite French Toast made with mini flatbreads. Top with fruit, jam or jelly, maple syrup, or your other favorite toppings for a special morning treat.
Paterson, N.J. – March 21, 2016 – One of the biggest challenges for parents on Easter morning is trying to get the kids to put down their chocolate bunnies and jelly beans and come to the table for a real wholesome breakfast. Kontos Cocktail Flatbreads are always ready to help with your holiday and everyday needs! We are introducing a series of recipes featuring our Cocktail Flatbreads, based on seasonal flavors and applications, starting this Easter with…
Petite French Toast made with mini flatbreads. It’s simple to make, and the kids can have fun dolloping on their favorite toppings – maple syrup, jam or jelly, fresh berries, chopped cling peaches, or Nutella.
“This breakfast is not only wholesome – made with warmed bread, fresh eggs, milk and a healthy dose of fruit – but it’s also lots of fun for kids to assemble themselves,” said Chef Demetrios Haralambatos, executive chef at Kontos Foods. Chef suggests this recipe and toppings for Petite French Toast, using Kontos Cocktail Flatbreads.
• 20 pieces of Kontos Cocktail Flatbreads
• 1 cup of whole milk (use Half-and-Half for a “richer” French Toast)
• 4 eggs
• 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons of butter
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
• Assorted toppings: Maple syrup, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, bananas, chopped cling peaches, whipped topping, Nutella, chopped nuts, raspberry jam, or orange marmalade.
1. Place assorted toppings in bowls and set on table.
2. Break eggs and combine with milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whisk vigorously. Pour mixture into flat-bottomed baking dish or pie plate.
3. Place 20 pieces of Cocktail Flatbread into mixture and allow to sit for 10 minutes, turning once.
4. Heat flat-bottomed frying pan to a medium heat, and add butter and vegetable oil.
5. Pan-fry Cocktail Flatbreads for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden-brown.
6. Serve with assorted toppings, and have fun personalizing each Petite French Toast.
“This recipe is great not only for special holidays, but also for memorable birthday breakfasts, or anytime,” said Steve Kontos, vice president and owner of Kontos Foods.
Whether you need a simple appetizer for a family gathering or an elegant hors d’oeuvre at a wedding reception for a hundred guests, Kontos Cocktail Flatbreads provide great solutions. Not just a substitute for crackers, they can be warmed or lightly toasted for use right out of the package, or made into two-inch-rounds of French toast & topped, or flash-deep-fried for dipping.
Kontos Cocktail Flatbreads, which contain no trans-fat and are 100% vegetarian, come in 20-piece retail packs. Kontos sells its products to retailers and foodservice establishments across North America and around the world. Find Kontos Foods on Twitter @KontosFoods, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Kontosfoods and on Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/kontosfoods/.
About Kontos Foods
Founded in 1987, Kontos Foods, Inc. is a Paterson, New Jersey-based provider of traditional Mediterranean foods for restaurants, hotels, food service, retail specialty stores and supermarkets worldwide. The family-owned company specializes in hand-stretched flatbreads, including the Kontos Pocket-Less Pita®, Fillo dough, pastries, olives, gyro meats, and Greek yogurts, as well as nearly 50 varieties of multi-ethnic flatbreads. Kontos, which has over 225 employees and was founded by Evripides (Evris) Kontos with his son Steven, together bring over 100 years’ experience in the premium food industry. The company’s bread and Fillo products are made in the USA. Visit www.kontos.com or call (973) 278-2800.
Kontos Foods Inc.
(973) 278-2800, ext. 326